Monday, April 20, 2009

How does your garden grow?

This weekend was a super nice weekend. The weather was perfect....one of those days were it's warm but not hot. We did some yard work on Saturday. Lot's of grass cutting, planting some flowers, and gardening.

I love to grow veggies in our garden. We have a pretty big garden for just the three of us. It's funny, we live out in the country but don't own a tractor. So every year my husband tills up the area and then rakes it into rows, then we get out there and plant the seeds. This is our 4th year having a garden. So far we have corn, cabbage, peas, sweet peas, cukes, tomatoes, bell peppers, hot peppers, green beans, butter beans(Lima), cantaloupe and watermelon planted. I gotta get some squash and okra to plant. NOT one year have we had our corn do good...but every year my hubby plants it, he claims this year is the year for corn...LoL. Let's hope so!!



Oh, we also grow trampolines in the garden too.............hee hee, just kidding! Shelby's trampoline is near the garden.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay! How fun. Best of luck on the corn.

~Marie~ said...

Yay! I love gardens! Growing up we had one in the back yard. When Mark and I get a house this year, I hope our yard is big enough to plant a garden.

Mrs. M said...

That is one big garden - have you opened your own road side stand yet? ;-)

Lady Di Tn said...

That is a rather large garden and it reminds me of my Pa's and Mom and Dad's when they were alive. The best corn we ever grew was sweet corn and I bought the seeds from Parks Seed Catalog. I planted one tomato, rosemary, oregano, basil and a banana pepper today. Maybe Prince will help me with the large tomato plants this afternoon. Peace

Cthings said...

Sounds like your garden is wonderful! Also sounds very big. What is cukes?

Forty Two East said...

cucumbers (I'm to lazy to type it out...lol)

Susie said...

My you have a big garden. How wonderful!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow Debra... You all do have a big garden. How neat is that!!!!!

I love rainbows also. We saw one yesterday--but it was part of a waterfall.

We just returned from Texas where we visited son and family. Had a great visit--but the weather there was HORRIBLE. Glad to be home.

Hugs,
Betsy